I am still celebrating our Men’s Retreat! God was good to us, and now we are ready to DO SOME SERVING! I am so thankful that you committed to being a part of our EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER for Kathryn Sprouse and her family. It all happens this Saturday (January 30), so here are the details you need to know…
Where to Meet
We will meet at 7:30 am at the west end parking lot of the IOOF park (across from the Arbors of Corsicana Apartments) for breakfast. After we eat, rally, and pray, we will go to the work site (180 NWCR 2005). The parking there is very limited (nearly nonexistent), so we will shuttle from the IOOF Parking lot.
What we are Doing
Many of you have already been assigned to specific jobs. If you know those jobs, please bring your own needed tools. If you don’t know of a job that has been suggested or assigned to you look through the list below and bring the appropriate tools. Specific projects will include…
- Mowing, weeding, and tree trimming
- Building and/or repairing a t-post fence
- Installing solar screens on windows (staple gun)
- Constructing a wooden deck/walkway
- Repairing holes in subfloor
- Installing a french drain
- Installing a shower and vanity
- Installing paneling and/or repairing holes in the wall
- Replace footings for a back porch/deck/stairway
It will take all of us working like crazy to get this done in a day. Please come and work the full day if at all possible. Remember, too, that we will have a team cooking lunch for us at the work site. I love you in the Lord, and I look forward to all He is going to do in us!